Sunday, June 6, 2010

'True Happiness Comes From Within'

Just be yourself.

So, I've been sitting around for a while thinking about how to write a blog about happiness. But, I sort of put it on the back burner because I couldn't think of a way to write it perfectly. But, someone had told me that I should write a new blog post so I'm sort of just going to go with whatever comes to mind.

Yesterday I went out and bought 'Once' on DVD. It's a pretty good movie! I really enjoy it! I'm now about to watch it for the second time, mainly because my internet is shaped and I can't use youtube until I get my interwebz back.

But, this moves me to my next point - Writing music. I have this desire to write an awesomely awesome song, but nothing that comes out is ever good enough in my mind. Perhaps this is just the 'musician's curse'. But, I'm sure one day I'll create something that just pulls my own strings. Nothing kinky involved, of course!

I suppose it is difficult to find something that inspires you to feel when feeling is the last thing on your list of things to do. Feelings are funny things, don't you reckon? Feelings don't necessarily get things done, or make situations any better. They're good at complicating things, or writing songs. They aren't, however, completely logical. Because seriously, who thinks logically before they feel? I try to. It seems I've succeeded if I can no longer just reacted emotionally. There's always a thought process behind it. I don't think I could ever go back to understanding how responding with emotion first works. Being upset or angry doesn't fix any problems, if there is a problem in the first place. I like my contentness. It's all content and shit.

Goals and to-do lists are all nice. Organising thoughts and long term plans to direct you towards your achievements. The only downfall I dislike about setting long term goals is that it takes so long to reach them. But, I suppose that is the nature of their long term-ness!

There's a distinct impression of discord in this blog post. I think I'm going to have to apologize for that. My thoughts today are rather indistinct. However, hopefully you all still enjoy my humble ramblings.

Hmm.. It seems I can't add sound clips. That would have been cool! I can add video though! Maybe at some point when I get a new microphone I'll make a video and add it to a blog! :)

For now, I'll sign off!

J.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment